25.6.10

Silk = La Soie

Im on my second week of summer vacation. The first week I did pretty much nothing! It was rainy and cloudy and I stayed inside and studied for the oral test for the bac de français.

Friday I make two chocolate cakes and some coconut balls for Claires party on Saturday.

Saturday Laura and I went to see L'Agence tous risques (The A-Team) at the movie theater and then came home and said hello to people at Claires party.

Sunday I went to an exposition of a French artist called Ben, he writes phrases in black-and-white, they eventually go on pens, stationary, etc. Its really 'in' with the highschoolers here, but the expo was really boring. It was pretty much the same thing for all three floors, luckily Ingrid felt the same way so we just buzzed through it!

Monday was the written part of the bac de français, it was really long...4 hours...and suprisingly I stayed for all four hours (youre allowed to leave after one hour), longer than any of my friends!

Tuesday morning I went to the marché of La Croix Rousse. La Croix Rousse is famous for two things, being on a hill (a very steep one) and for being a very big area that produced silk a long time ago, now there are just lots of stores that sell silk. The marché was about 10 times bigger than the one in Montchat. It runs down the main street, on one side, clothes and house-hold goods are sold, on the other its veggies, fruits, cheese and meat.
Tuesday night I had a rehearsal for my dance performance this Sunday.

Wednesday I had my last dance class.

Yesterday I went to place bellecour with Sophia to find Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Marie-Pierre had told me she had found some there once. I found it!!! Lots of American products are really hard to find here, I needed it because tonight Im making an American Dinner for Chloé and Ingrid. There is a tv show here called Un Diner Presque Parfait (An Almost Perfect Dinner) and for the show, there are five people who each host a themed dinner and are judged on the atmosphere, food, etc. We decided we were going to do that, so tonights my turn. Im making salad (not too hard), hamburgers (they don't really have buns in France so I made my own) with all the good toppings: lettuce, tomato, pickles, cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, onions, etc. with REAL french fries, Claire showed me how to fry them. Then for dessert a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!

I have 2 weeks left in France and waaay too many things to do!

2 comments:

  1. Jessie's wedding was lots of fun- I took lots of pictures and am going to sort through them right now! I'll post them on facebook when I'm done so you can see and don't have to wait until you're back home : ) Congrats on surviving the written part of your test- do you still have the oral part to do? Hope you're having a great last few weeks in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok good! Yes I survived, I was actually just studying for the oral part (its on July 5th) Dom Juan is becoming the beign of my existence! Its actually very interesting if I take the time to understand everything, but if I don't it just seems soooo complicated.

    ReplyDelete