15.12.09

Blocus!!!

So, today, blocus happened. But I will get to that in a moment.
Sunday night we baked the macaroons and they tasted good, but the shells have a lot of little tiny bubbles in them and are not perfectly smooth like those bought at a bakery.
Yesterday (Monday) we had all our normal classes including (for my group) the english assistant, where we watched the movie Elf. Then we (Ingrid, Olivia, Laurie, and I) went to Justines house where Anne-Sophie, Justine, Chloé, and Claire already were because they didnt have the english assistants class. We ate lunch there, consisting of zucchini crumble and chocolate cake. It was really, really good!!
Now for the blocus! I am currently using my cell phone for my morning alarm. Unfortunatly though, last night my phone died while I was sleeping and then, obviously, didnt go off this morning. Laura and Claire left without waking me up, and I woke up on my own at about 7:40 which was too late to arrive on time for the first hour of school, so I was planning on arriving for class at 9:00am. On my way to school, I met Chloé and Claire walking back towards the bus stop I had just come from. They had told me that there was blocus at the school, and couldnt get in. Blocus, in French, is when the students stand in front of the school and push anyone away who tries to get by them. In my opinion it was pretty stupid, because there is a huge fence around the school and if you really wanted to go to class, all you have to do in climb it. So I went back to Chloés house and talked and then ate lunch. Then at 2pm we decided to try again. Though there were still people standing in front, and it was really cold (about 25F :) ) so we decided to just go home. On the bus home, I received a mass text saying there would be blocus all week!! Though its not for certain, and I think we have to go everyday just to see, it would be exciting if we get three weeks of Christmas vacation instead of just two!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like "Hocus Blocus" to me. Does this school have a Principal?, or is it run by bully students?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does 'blocus' mean 'block', then? And why in the world are students allowed to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, blocus means 'blockade'. Why in the world??! Its WONDERFUL!!! I didnt go to school at all on Tuesday! And you can push through the students, but they yell 'boooo', haha! Its actually really funny. I will explain why and everything else in my next post..:)

    ReplyDelete