3.12.09

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

So, the first trimester of the school year is over. I do not know what my grades are, because I lost the little paper with my password to look them up on the computer...but maybe that isnt such a bad thing!:)
Tuesday another bus strike started, so now the buses come at strange times and when there is an electric moniter telling you how long it will be until the next bus, sometime the number of minutes goes upwards instead of down! However, I got to school on time and had to do an oral presentation in English class. Everyone had to do it at one point or another, and we were supposed to choose something current, though by the end, people were just choosing things that interested them. So I chose the Alaska Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. I had recently recieved a post card from Joe and Lena in Nome, and on the front was a picture of a musher and his team finnishing the race in Nome! It was perfect, so I brought it in to class to show the other students what it looks like, since I wasnt sure if they would understand my description. It went fairly well, but ChloƩ told me afterwards that I had talked too fast, and she hadnt been able to understand everything..oops:)
On Wednesday, I took a two hour math test on barycenters, which I didnt really study for at all. Then two hours of badmitton, and then took the bus home. I ate lunch with everyone and then tried to study for a physics test I have tomorrow, but I didnt understand. So then I started texting with Ingrid and she told me there was no dance that day for her(she has the same teacher but not the same class), but she wasnt sure about me. So I walked to the studio and the door was locked. So I walked back on the street where all the shops are in Montchat just to look at everything, and I noticed the popular stores here are not exactly the same as in Anchorage. On this one street (which I walked on for about 5 blocks) there are at least 7 bakeries, 6 banks, 4 furnitures/ decoration stores, 3 little grocery stores, 3 washers/drycleaner places, 3 eccentric clothes stores, and a smattering of other types of stores (flower shop, butcher shop, tabaco shop, etc.)
Today I had two hours in the morning free (8-10) because the SVT teacher was absent (though I found out later not for the whole day) so I went to Lauries house with her. Then we had one hour of French class where the teacher handed out the small essays we wrote (well mine was small, everyone elses was about four + pages:) ) (another note: all students handwrite all their essays here, no one types anything, that I have seen so far) and talked about Le Petit Chaperon Rouge, or Little Red Riding Hood. Then I had 1.5 hours of SVT T.P. which is when we do experiments. Today we smashed two different types of leaves on to one piece of paper; leaves from plants that had been grown in the dark, and leaves from plants that had been grown in artificial light. Then we put the tip of the paper in water for 20 minutes and when it was done, the color from the leaves had been sucked up by the water further up the paper. Then we had 1.5 hours for lunch, today it was meatballs which tasted sort of funny, and mashed potatoes which werent bad. Then I also ate bread, cheese, and a piece of fake apple pie. After lunch I had two hours of chemistry T.P. where we did an experiment with acid and bases and I have no clue what else. The Chemistry and Physics teacher is a nice person, but a strict teacher, so I dont really have much fun in that class because no one has time to explain things to me and I dont understand what she is talking about. Then I had an hour break where I went to the CDI (library) and did pretty much nothing. Finally, I had one hour of History and Geography and then I finished and came home. This weekend and a little bit of next week (the 5th - the 9th) is the Fete de Lumieres in Lyon. I have asked people a bunch of time what exactly it is, but they mostly respond with 'oh its this thing where everyone walks around and looks and the lights of the city'... I guess I will find out. I am going with Ingrid, and maybe Justine and ChloƩ Saturday night.
I have a Bac Blanc soon (the 12 of Dec.) which is where we get up early on a Saturday and take a practice test (that actually counts in our final grade) for four hours. It is in French about the French subject (that is the only bac I will be taking this year because I am in Premier Sciences). So, I guess I will see how that goes as well. After that though, Julie (host cousin) invited Laura and I to a 'crepe party' at her house. I think she said that only us and Lola and Sinon (other host cousins) will be there this time. So I cant wait to eat some crepes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment