25.1.10

Last week went by pretty fast, nothing much out of the ordinary. Everything is pretty normal now, no surprises, nothing really new, sort of feels like I could have lived here forever. Except for the language difference :) If I listen carefully in class, I can understand everything, but I still have trouble listening and writing at the same time. I will start to write down what the teacher is saying, and then when I listen again, they have started talking about a whole new subjet, which makes for funny looking notes, but I guess the point is to keep learning, not have perfect notes. My French teacher has this way of talking in strange sentences. which. dont make. sense because she. stops. in the middle. and stresses. sylables which. are not usually. stressed. It makes it a lot harder to understand what she is saying when I am trying to make sense of only half the sentence.
Anyways, this past weekend I didnt do much either. On Saturday night I went to see a movie called A Serious Man with Laura and Michel. It was in English!! But it still wasnt the best movie I have ever seen. Today I have to go back to school in half an hour to watch a presentation for the organisation Printemps de la Jupe (literal translation: Spring of the Dress...I have no idea why it is called this, maybe I will find out). This is a presentation for an engineering job, though even if you know you dont want to be one, you still have to go. I think it will be interesting, hopefully! This comming weekend we have the half-way-through weekend with AFS. It strange to think that I am already/only halfway through. I havent decided which one fits better. Im not really looking forward to it, other than seeing everybody, but we always have to play weird games, they never let us just talk. Ok off to see Printemps de la Jupe:)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the already/only indecision, on behalf of those of us still in the States. : )

    And I have TOTALLY had teachers like that. Except that I could still understand them because we both spoke the same language. : ) Your demonstration made me laugh out loud in the middle of a cafe. THANKS, Erin. :P

    Disney Club is doing a group-sing-a-long in front a bazillion people as part of the Campus Activities Showcase in approximately one hour. I know you are so totally jealous and wish you could be there. : )

    Hope you have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin:
    Loved all your posts and what a great experience for you as a chef. It would have been fun to have one of us there as your mystery diner! Maybe this can be a new Food Network series---the American student in a French cafe! Thanks for the New Year's postcard. We are enjoying your comments but also look forward to having you home, and then going back to France with you as our tour guide. I am already planning the trip. AB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, thanks, I will be home soon :) And I hope someone videotaped your preformance and puts it on fb so I can see!!

    Aunt Bonnie, Food Network series maybe, but there is no room for a camera crew in that kitchen! It would definitely be fun to come back here with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete