14.1.10

Small Update

I just got back from meeting with the owner of Le Gourmet de Sèze (a restaurant in Lyon). Michel told me it is very highly regarded. It is apparently one out of (a maximum, though not necessarily) 10 restaurants in Lyon which are awarded stars (called Etoilé Michelin) by the Michelin guide book. It has been awarded one star (out of three) since 2002. The owner, Bernard Mariller, was very nice and not intimidating at all. He was happy that I was so excited about baking and told me I could come in this Saturday at 9:00 am to work with them. He also said I could take notes and pictures if I wanted, and could come back in the evening!! I am excited, so hopefully it will be a lot of fun and a good experience.

2 comments:

  1. ---Was going to comment on this the other day, but it was being stupid and not letting me. ---

    That's really cool! Maybe he'll let you steal some secret recipes, too....? : D How did it go? Did you learn anything interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I definitely took all his recipes that he showed me :)

    ReplyDelete