8.5.10

Fête Des Mères = Mother's Day

Tomorrow is not Mother's Day in France, its on the 30th of May, Im not sure why its different.

Victors party Saturday night was fine, I think he was happy to see his friends again.

This week just kind of flew by, I had a bac blanc on Wednesday, in place of my normal classes, and finished in 2 hours, I had to stay for three hours and then they let me leave.

I learned a little more about the oral bac test this week. For the written bac test, no one can really study, because we have no clue what the subject will be, but we can study for the oral test. Normally, students have around 23 texts to study. The texts can be taken from a book, or they can be poems, etc. The day of the test, the student meets the exam judges, who tell the student which text they will be talking about and ask the student a question. Then the student has half an hour to prepare their speech around the question, using just the text. I talked with Ingrid and Chloé and decided it would be pretty impossible for me to study and really know all 23 texts, so they helped me pick about 5 which I will study and ask to present. If the judges say yes, that will be great. If they say no, I will try with another text and probably last about 2 minutes :)

This afternoon Im going to see Iron Man 2 with Laura and Annie, another AFS student from Finland.

It was really warm for about three days last week and I went swimming in the pool twice, but this week has felt like winter again! I even had to get out my heavy coat :(

2 comments:

  1. Your tests sound very hard. Good luck. This time next year you will be graduating from West so just think about that instead of the French tests. I am excited to see you and hear all about your year. We are also looking forward to having an exchange student in the family. You will make a great AFS sister since you know how different a new culture can be. I hope she can adjust to the snow/cold. I know several very smart, nice Indian women so we will have to have some parties so she can meet someone from her country to chat with if she feels lonely. You are the chocolate chip queen! Love AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm glad it was mother's day in the U.S. because i was able to talk with two girls! thanks for the call - and the help on the Mother's Day "poster/card" - I'm sure you were there in spirit helping!. Dad's selection of the Carole King song "So Far Away" was very on point. I agree with Aunt Bonnie, study hard for what you can and then just do your best. love mom

    ReplyDelete