27.5.10

La campagne = The country (side)

Last week on Wednesday Claire had to work late so Michel made dinner...we ate salad, shrimp, cheese, and strawberries :)

Thursday I was sick, so I didn't go to school. Michel made dinner again, we ate radishes, asparagus, and a salad of cartilage from a calf's foot...

Friday I got my history test back, I got 8,5/20! And for the SVT bac blanc that I took a while ago, I got 4,5/20 and the teacher wrote on my paper that I wrote my essay like a child!

Saturday morning I went to the country side with Ingrid, her mom and Chloé. Ingrid and her family have a house in Propières. We hung out around their house and walked around a little bit. It was really sunny and warm. We came back Sunday afternoon.

Monday was a holiday for lundi de Pentecôte, which is a religious event. I helped Claire cook and I wrote down all the recipes :) Victor went into the hospital for heart surgery in the afternoon. It wasnt critical, from what I understood, he has always had a problem, there were one too many electrical connections on his heart and if you excercice too much, your heart can beat too fast which can be dangerous. So, they detached an electrical connection and now he should be fine, he came home yesterday afternoon.

All weekend it was warm for the first time in a while, it was really sunny. Tuesday I went to school in shorts and a tank top all day, and I was still too hot.

Yesterday I got 20/20 in gym class for running and afterwards, Ingrid and I went to the Part Dieu.

I put up a picture of cherry trees when they were blooming earlier this spring, I think I may have even said that we have cherry trees. While I knew that, I didnt even think they would actually produce cherries because not many trees produce fruit in Alaska. The other day Michel told me I could pick cherries if I wanted to, so I went and looked and there are actually cherries!! Its so cool! Yesterday afternoon I picked a bowl full of cherries and ate them :)

Today I finished school at 12:30 when I normally finish at 6pm because some of my teachers are absent, and we switched things around a little bit to be able to go to a presentation about a university. It was really boring, they spend half the time telling us there werent enough girls at the school and not focusing on what the school actually offered...I still dont know. I have noticed (we have gone to presentations like this before) that lots of universities here in France offer study abroad programs, and they really push them on students, lots of times they are mandatory.

Pictures:
1), 2), 3): The country side near Ingrids house
4) Me in a cow pasture
5) Ingrid and I in a cow pasture






3 comments:

  1. "salad, shrimp, cheese, and strawberries :)"

    That is a bizarre combination of things to eat!

    The countryside looks beautiful, and I'm way jealous that you get to pick cherries from a tree. It's kind of like when I go to CA for spring break and see lemon/orange/grapefruit trees all over. It's so bizarre that you can just walk out and pick breakfast from a tree. It's like trees that grow pancakes, or something. O.o

    And congrats on your good scores, and boo on the teacher who doesn't take into consideration that you've only been living in France and speaking French for 9 months. They're meanies. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking a lemon from a tree is a little different than a pancake Anna...
    I thought the teachers remark was funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures. I thought the teacher's comment was funny too. Yep that is what it is like in the warm world: fruit on trees all over. BUT, they don't have whales,clams, crab, and daylight for 23 hours! Looking forward to having you home. AB

    ReplyDelete