19.10.09

No Title
















Saturday morning I got up early to call my parents for a chicken noodle soup recipe. I decided it was a pretty Amercian recipe and fairly easy to make. I went to the small Monchat market with Laura to pick out ingredients. I bought two onions, five carrots, and a large bunch of celery, and it only cost around 2€50! Maybe everything isnt really expensive here..
When we got back to the house, I made chocolate chip cookies, with REAL chocolate chips this time (not just a cut up chocolate bar) and then took the bus to Grange Blanche to meet Laurie and Chloé to go shopping. Chloé ended up having too much homework, so Laurie brought along a friend, Leah. Leah was really shy or something and because I couldnt speak French fluently, she pretty much didnt talk to me. She would ask Laurie questions about my life, and then Laurie would just repeat them to me in French...she is the second person whose done that to me so far! I dont know, maybe I intimidate them somehow:) Anyways, I bought a 'manteau', or peacoat, which turns out not to be very warm, as I wore it this morning, but its pretty and I like it. Friday evening, I made the soup with Laura and Sophia (she was able to come after all!). Then Ingrid, Justine, Laurie, and Chloé came and we ate dinner and talked until midnight. I was very tired by the end.
Sunday, Claire, Michel, Laura, Sophia and I drove two hours to the Alpes to climb a mountain. I originally asked what the name of it was, but Michel said it really fast with a strong french accent, so I really have no clue what it is. We climbed the mountain with two friends of Claire and Michel. The hike was tough, but 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than biking with Michel:) This time, I was the second to reach the top, and the first down! Claire and Michel didnt make it to the top, but we met them on the way down. And this time, I remembered my camera!!! The final altitude of the climb was 2,660 meters which translates to about 8,727 feet. We obviously didnt start at 0 altitude, but I think it was about 1,500 meters where we started? I may have misunderstood. We started the climb at 9:45 and ended at 4:00. It actually hurt worse coming down, because my toes smashed against the front of my shoes. We got back to the house about 6:45 and Sophia's host mom came to pick her up soon after. Then Laura and I ate dinner and went to bed at about 8:30 because we were so tired!:)
This morning I had one hour of math and then a two hour break because my French teacher was absent. I went to Lauries house with her and Olivia to finish some geography homework and then started my math homework. Then I had another hour of math, and one hour of 'English Assistant' (I cant remember if I already explained it or not, so I will) which is when we have class for an hour with a person who doesnt speak French and their first language is English. The teachers name is Katie and she is from Vancouver I think. She is about 23 years old and is here to learn French because she wants to be a French teacher. That was my last class of the day. This week is my last until the two week vacation, but it is not the end of the first trimester. Now I will go get my camera to post pictures:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks a little higher than flat top. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of your hike. I also looked at Sophie's pictures on Facebook. You did great. That is a looooong hike. AB

    ReplyDelete