23.10.09

TWO WEEK VACATION!!!

Yay!!!! I have a two week vacation now and its not even Christmas yet!!! I could definitely get used to this.


Anyways, I think I wrote on Monday. So, Tuesday, I went to McDonalds for lunch with Chloé and Laurie. It is different here. For one thing, they call it McDos, and another 'McDos' has cake here! And espresso. But that is just in the front of the very fancy McDonalds (no bright red and yellow colors here, just nice dark browns and greens) in the back, there is a person who takes you order, and then you walk up to another counter to get your food. In literally 10 seconds. They must be familiar with the lunch rush, because that was FAST food.


On Wednesday, I had a control (test) in math, and since I dont have math class after wednesday in my schedule, I thought I wouldnt know the grade until I got back from the vacation. For some reason, one of the kids got a hold of all the math tests after the teacher graded them and handed them back to everyone, guess what I got? I GOT AN 11 OUT OF 20!!! YAY! Needless to say, I was very excited. Whats more, the teacher had to know that I didnt copy because I got a better grade than the person I was sitting next to when I took the test!:)
After the control, I had a 'presentation' in acrosport. My group consisted of four people and we made three figures. That was my last class ever of acrosport, because after the break, we move on to badmitton.
After school Wednesday, I had my first dance class. I think it was suposed to be modern jazz. I actually knew someone in the class (the whole class consisted of four other girls and one teacher:) ) Her name is Lisa, she is a friend of Laurie and I had met her before. The class was fun, and I think I will sign up for the entire year.

Thursday the bus to school was late in arriving, and I got detention again. Though I dont mind because that means I dont have to listen to one of my teachers talk for an hour. Another girl in my class, Jennifer, was also late, and we started talking. The CPE guy (the same one who told us earlier to stop working when we had a free period) came over and yelled at us for talking and told us to get to work....he is one strange man.
The chemistry-physics teacher was absent that day, so I went to Lauries house for lunch.
Thursday night, I watched a movie with Claire called Coupe de Foudre à Notting Hill (in English it is just Notting Hill) with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. I was too tired to watch all of it, so I ended up going to bed half way through it:)

Yesterday (Friday) I had two hours of English, two and a half hours of Physics and Chemistry, the half an hour for lunch, two hours of TPE, in which we searched online for symetry in the human body, in French, so it was a little confusing for me, but I learned some new words. The I had one hour free, so I went to get birthday card for Claire because it was her birthday yesterday. Then one hour of History and Geography and then I was done! Though every Friday, half our class has a second hour of History and Geography, so Ingrid and I waited for Chloé and Justine because this week it was their turn to have the second hour. We played word games in French to widen my vocabulary, and then some kids found out I was from Alaska and came over to ask me so really weird questions. When Justine and Chloé finished, we went to a boulangerie to get pain au chocolat to celebrate the start of the vacation:)
For Claires birthday dinner, the guests included the godmothers of Théo and Victor, another friend of Claires and Théo. The godmothers and the other friend only stayed for appetizers, and then Claire, Michel, Théo, Laura and I ate a dinner or oysters (Claires favorite), JUMBO shrimp, uncooked salmon, potatoes, and a chocolate cake with passion fruit syrup, it was all really good. Though I didnt really like the oysters, I think they take some time to get used to.
Today, I went to the supermarket and walked through the small Monchat market, I just cant get over how cool it is!!:) I still need to pack, and then tomorrow we leave at 8:00 am by car headed for Florence, Italy.

3 comments:

  1. You ate uncooked salmon? Eww.
    Anyways, Have fun in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your math test!!!!!! And what are 'figures', like pyramids of humans....? I'm am so jealous that you get to go to Italy! TAKE YOUR CAMERA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aleah, the salmon was actually pretty good, we ate it with potatos and crème fraich, which sounds even weirder I know, but it was good:)
    Anna, the figures were like me sitting on the shoulders of a 6 foot 6 inch tall guy and then he stands up, etc., at first, they tried to get me to stand of his shoulders and then have him stand up! I decided that wasnt a great idea..

    ReplyDelete