18.11.09

I always think of a million things to write in here during the day, but when I finally make it to the computer, I have forgotten all of them:)
So Tuesday I had an oral test in Euro-Anglais which is the physics-class-in-english and before that test I had a 1/12 for the entire trimester because the teacher counts the times that we talk in class (because the class is for progressing in English, not really to learn a subject) and I wasnt talking because I already speak English and didnt want to take up the other students time to talk. However, the teacher informed me that I have no excuse and should be talking all the time, so on Monday I talked a lot, so hopefully I have a better grade now. I went to Lauries house for lunch and ate cauliflower and brought some fudge for her. Her brother (I think he is ten) was home too because he is sick with the swine flu. Then I had to write an essay on if I think litterature reflects real life or not in French class. The teacher also gave me an essay topic to write about, 'How I feel about life in Alaska', so I will do that this weekend. I also learned Tuesday that it is completely normal to throw trash out the window. Somebody in my class threw gum and then paper out the window!! When I asked him what if it hit somebody, he said it was the french way and they should be careful where they walk!!:)
Today I had two hours of math. Right now we are studying barycenters and I dont understand anything. All the teacher says is vecteur AB plus vectuer MG égal (=) vecteur PA...ect. I have no idea where she gets all these letters from, I think she makes them up:) Then I had two hours of badmitton, which was fun. Then school was over and I came home and ate lunch with Laura (who has been sick for two days), Michel, and Michels friend Gilles. Claire went to Paris for the day to attend a teacher workshop. After lunch I tried to start that French essay, but only wrote down a few ideas. Then I went to dance class, and this time, there were more kids there my age. Its pretty cool, we are actually learning a dance and the teacher is really nice. I think we are preforming the dance(s) (maybe we will learn more than just one) at the end of June. After dance class I rode home with a bike I borrowed from Michel, in a tanktop, and its the middle of November!! It has been super warm here lately, about 55 or 60 degrees F, I think is what 13-16 C translates to. This weekend hopefully I will be able to complete the list of ingredients I will need for Thanksgiving dinner, and then have Claire look at it and see if I can find all of them.

2 comments:

  1. "When I asked him what if it hit somebody, he said it was the french way"
    Haha, I bet he was totally lying to you. You should watch for him until he walks past a window and throw some trash at him and say "look, I'm French now!"
    Sucks about your English class. I understand about letting them all talk, but maybe they'd learn more if the girl from Alaska spoke some perfect English now and then. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, except its really hard to speak perfect English now! I am loosing all my vocabulary and when someone asks for a word in English, most of the time I have forgotten it!!

    ReplyDelete