15.11.09

No Title

After Armistice Day, Thursday and Friday were long school days. Yesterday I got up late and went to Carrefour to look for Thanksgiving ingredients with Laura, while my host dad went biking, and my host mom went to the theater for 11 hours!-(Though I am not really sure why). I found marshmallows and that was about it! Though I wasnt looking very hard because apparently, that is the place to be on a Saturday afternoon-there were so many people there you could hardly walk! Last night I made fudge with the marshmallows I bought, (I guess I will just have to buy more for the sweet potato cassarole:) )though it didnt turn out right, maybe because I couldnt find the evaporated milk, though my family said they liked it.

Today, I got up and tried doing some homework, though didnt get any done. Then my host dad asked if I wanted to go biking with him, and (stupidly) I said yes. We started off from our house at about 2:00 pm, so no driving this time, and then found what is probably the one dirt trail with rocks in Lyon...not sure why he likes those so much! But, again, the view was really pretty. The trail went along side the Rhone canal, and then on the way back the actual Rhone river and a really big park with huge trees sporting really pretty, colorful leaves. We got back after dark at about 6:00 pm. Along the way, we stopped at Michels brothers house. The whole family was there (Michels brother, his wife and their three kids). The youngest kid is a girl and only 15 months old, she is super cute!! Then they have a boy whose about 5 or 6 and another girl whose 10. I also found out that the 6 year old boy can speak better French than me!:)
I actually started this post yesterday, but didnt have time to finish it, so now it is Monday. Today I started school at 9:00 because our first class is a 'demi-groupe' class, which means only half the class attends it, and then the next hour the other half of the class has the same class with the same teacher who teaches the same subject, seems like a waste of time to me, but we changed the group who stars first this week, so now I get to wake a little later each Monday. Or at least until we change again. So the first class I had was math, then french, then math again, and then the English assistant. Then I came home and ate french toast and nutella for lunch:)

No comments:

Post a Comment