25.9.09

Bus Strike!

As of yesterday (the 24th of September) the public bus drivers decided to go on strike. I guess it happens a lot here, but this is the first I have ever experienced it. Some buses have completely stopped running, and others just run less. My bus stopped working yesterday, so I caught a ride to school with Ingrids mom, and then we took another bus part way home, and walked the rest of the way. Today, my bus is running, though less frequently...after morning classes, I took the bus home. At first, when I got to the bus stop, the moniter said it would only be 4 mintues, then I looked again and it said 10 minutes, and then a bus came...its very confusing.
On a happier note, I did a good deed for a mouse yesterday:). Mamadou (my host familys cat) caught a mouse and then dropped in it the pool! Mamadou wouldnt get it out, so the mouse started half swimming half drowning:(, but then I scooped the mouse out of the water and saved its life:) haha, it didnt move for about five minutes, I think it was in shock.
I have to go catch the bus for my afternoon classes in 25 minutes, but it is Friday!!! (so that is always nice) This weekend Claire is having another party for her friends on Saturday night, and then on Sunday, we are going to try to bike to someplace that serves frog...if I understood correctly.
Anyways, not much has happened in the last four or five days. Just a bunch of school...oh which I can now tell you my schedule because I understand it now!

On Monday:
8-10: Math
10-11: French
11-12: Math
then I am done for the day!!!

On Tuesday:
8-10: European English (?? dont really know)
10-11: Reg. English
11-12: Math
12-2: Lunch
2-3: History and Geography
3-4: French
4-5: Break
5-6: French

On Wednesday:
8-10: Math
10-12: Sport
Finished!!!!

On Thursday:
8-10: Life and Earth Sciences
10-11: French
11-12:30: Life and Earth Sciences in the lab
12:30-2: Lunch
2-4: Physics in the lab
4-5: Break
5-6: History and Geography

On Friday:
8-10: Reg. English
10-12:30: Physics and Chemistry (teacher was absent today, which is wy I am here typing this!!)
12:30-1: lunch
1-3: T.P.E. (some class to prepare for the Bac.)
3-4: Break
4-6: History and Geography

Also, my school has a total of 8 (!!) floors, and I have class with the exact same kids everyday, in all my classes. I think we are called 1S4 (premier science 4 class). And now I really have to go catch the bus to get to school to take the TPE class!

No comments:

Post a Comment