21.9.09

No Title

Saturday night, 6 of Claire and Michels friends came over for dinner. I think we had a typical French dinner, because we started eating at 9:45 and ended at 11:00! It was really good though, Claire is a good cook. On French meals: I think the reason they have courses is for convenience. First, we will eat a salad, its cold and doesnt take much time to prepare, then while were eating that, the beef, or other kind of meat will cook, and then by the time we are done with the salad, it will have finished cooking. Then, after eating the main course (plat principal), we clear the table if there isnt enough room, and then have fromage:) or dessert.

On Sunday, it rained a TON! We were going to take a tour of the city on bikes and go to a restaurant to eat frogs, but since it was raining, we didnt go. Instead, we went the the cinéma and watched a movie called L'armée Du Crime. It was about Germans occupying France, and the people of France (the movie followed one group of men in particular) revolting against it. It was quite graphic, bloody, and violent. Not one of my favorites, but I think it was real French history.
Today, in math class, I actually understood a problem! It was very exciting! But then the teacher moved onto something else, and I was lost again. For lunch, we had two hours, so most my friends went home. Chloé, Laurie, and Anne Sophie stayed to eat à la cantine (cafeteria). Somehow we got to talking about Thanksgiving and decided I will make a traditional dinner for everyone... :) Hopefully I can recreate one, because usually I just do some pies! Oh well, I still have two months to think about that!
Right now, I should probably go translate the directions for my SVT homework, so maybe I can understand how to start it:)

1 comment:

  1. Very fun description of typical French life. I am learning a lot. AB

    ReplyDelete