16.9.09

Il Pleut!

Its raining now, and has been for two days. Its funny, because everyone pops out their umbrellas as soon as they get outside, even if its not really raining. So, yesterday, I was late to school again because bus 25 was completely jam-packed with people, and ChloƩ, Laura, and I could not fit on. So we ran to the next bus stop, and got on a different bus, but we were still late. Since we were more than 5 minutes late, our punishment was to sit in detention for the rest of the first class...which for me wasnt really bad because I just started writing a letter to Amanda:). Then, I ate with Ameerah (sp?) and her friend for lunch. It turned out that they thought they could only speak English to me, even though I told them I would understand if they spoke slow french. Since Ameerahs friend doesnt speak English well, they pretty much just talked to eachother in rapid french most of lunch. The rest of yesterday went pretty slow, and I finnished school at 6:00, though not before my cell phone went off in class! I had givin my number to a guy, Mathius, who my friends and I talk to alot. He had finnished at 5:00, and assumed I had to, but I hadnt. So he texted me right in the middle of the class while the French teacher was reading, she glared at me and told me to shut my phones mouth...? Oops:) When I got home, I fixed my phone so that it would not be able to change from vibrate to loud without being opened. So I hope it doesnt happen again!
Today, Wednesday, was a half day, just like every other Wednesday. I had two hours of Math in the morning, which I do not understand AT ALL, I cant even tell you what level of math it is! Only that there are weird symbols that I have never seen before, like sidways eights, and funny looking Rs, etc. Then I had two hours of accrosport. It is hard, you have to make shapes with other people and your bodies and hold people up and stuff. Its kind of like extreme cheerleading:) haha. Then I took the bus home and ate lunch with my host family...they (my host parents) come home every day for lunch, isnt that strange??
Okay, just one more thing. Even though its only the second week I have been here, Laura is already better at understanding and talking than I am. So, my host parents think I need a little extra help, and they decided that I need to start taking french classes after school, get a french-english translator person to follow me around school, and, if that doesnt work, I will have to move down to Second (the year before Premier, which is what I am in now). I really hope that doesnt happen, because Ihave already made friends with the girls in my grade!! But I guess we'll see...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment