22.3.10

Ants = Fourmis

Friday I made brownies during my three and a half hour lunch break and took them to school for all the kids in my class. After school, Ingrid and I walked with Chloé to the gym where she does gymnastics three times a week, and it happens to be the same place where Ingrid and I take dance. Then Ingrid and I walked back towards Rue de la Balme.
That night, Claire and Michel took Laura and I to a contemporary ballet preformance, the dancers were actually American. Afterwards, we decided to go to a new (to Claire and Michel) restaurant, La Tâche, we got lost for about half an hour, when we finally ate it was about 11:45 pm. The restaurant served charcuterie, cheese, and wine, and that was it! It was really good!

Saturday morning I woke up with a bunch of ants crawling in my doorway and at the base of the wall next to the door! We swept up the ants and then sprayed a product, now I just find dead ants who made it about a foot away from the hole.
That afternoon, I went shopping with Ingird to find some more pants.
Saturday night I watched a rugby game on tv with Michel, it was England vs France. Michel told me France calls people who play sports from England 'roast beef' because they turn pink/red in the sun.

On Sunday, Claires mom and Théo came over for lunch. We drank champagne outside to celebrate the first day of spring, though they opened the champagne before someone realized we had something to celebrate... In the middle of our meal it started pouring rain, but let up just in time for me to going biking with Ingrid and Chloé to the movies to see a French movie called L'Arnacoeur.

I have started reading Harry Potter in French. It takes me about half an hour to read two paragraphs because I decided I am going to look up every single word I dont know, and then reread everything to understand!

Winter is officially gone...for Alaskans. I went to school in a t-shirt this morning, but everyone else I saw was still wearing their winter coats and scarfs...

France is currently having regional elections, my region is Rhône-Alpes. There are 22 regions in total. I went with Michel to vote yesterday, though it was similar to the way Americans vote.

2 comments:

  1. Ewww, ants- gross!!!! I hope you got them all. Your champagne story is funny... and did you vote too, or did you just go with Michel to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt vote, Im not 18 yet (the voting/majority age in France) and I dont think I could even if I was because Im not really a citizen..

    ReplyDelete