29.3.10

Easter = Paques

Friday night we went to a dance preformance again, though this time it was more like a 7 person circus. It was really cool though, they built a stage that tilted in all directions and did their acts on that. We went out to dinner afterwards with two of Michel and Claires friends, who Laura and I had met before at Groix.

Saturday I spent the day with Sophia, the other American who lives in Millery, about 15 km from Lyon. She came by bus and we went shopping for some shoes for her and then got lost walking to a movie theater. We asked about four different people for help and they either just kept sending us in circles around where the actual theater was, or we didnt understand them. We eventually got there and saw Alice au Pays des Merveilles (Alice in Wonderland) in 3D. After the movie I tried to take the 3D glasses I had to pay 2 euros for home with me, but usher made me give them back.

Yesterday I spent the majority of my afternoon trying to write an introduction and conclusion to my groups TPE presentation which is tomorrow. We all got together after school today and finished our powerpoint presentation.

Tomorrow is supposedly Michels birthday, but he doesnt believe in celebrating birthdays, so Im not really sure what were going to do...

Yesterday we had a time change, so now our clocks are one hour later. It doesnt make it easier to get up in the morning, but its nice at night when it stays light longer.

This weekend is Easter, and in France, they get Easter Monday because Christianity is widely practiced in France, so we get Monday off from school! So Michel and Claire always to go a certain ski resort during this holiday. Its actually a ski resort on a glacier, so were going there this weekend and there is a type of lodge on the top of the glacier where were going to sleep.

7 comments:

  1. How was Alice? I haven't seen it yet, but should finally have time this weekend. I've heard mixed reviews from friends. Was the version you saw dubbed, or just subbed?

    Also- I have an Easter card for you sitting on the table at home. But. Um. I suspect it will not be getting to you in time for Easter, since I'm always behind with these things >.< But it will be sent, I swear! :D

    And good luck on your presentation! I'm sure you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: the code it had me enter to prove I was not a robot and could post the above message was "monsier", which I find very funny since it's so close to "monsieur". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Alice fashion you can tell Michel happy unbirthday from us! Dad and I are being interviewed on Wed by AFS so we'll see if we pass. The new purple wall in Anna's room may send them over the edge. I'll forward a potential student on to you to get your thoughts. have fun at Easter. Call if you can, and if not, we'll talk later. Yellow and Bella say hi! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom-

    You are hereby awarded +1000000 points for that reference.

    And yay for purple walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice was good, it was subbed, Johnny Depp sounded like he did in Charlie and the Choco Factory though, and sorry but I dont get your Alice reference...
    I look forward to your easter card, I love mail! :)
    How come you painted over my stars but repainted annas room (which will now be mine next year) purple???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welll....we could put some blue stars back on the purple wall?? Maybe I'll get really creative after tax season and do a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) its ok. I will just buy a house of mine some day and paint it all blue with sparkles!

    ReplyDelete