17.3.10

Chaussettes = Socks

Tuesday Michel told me why everyone here wears shoes in the house: they believe wearing just socks ruins them more quickly and makes white socks dirty, so they either wear shoes, slippers, or go barefoot.

Tuesday after lunch and inbetween our two hours of French class, we sat in the sun outside the school and talked. It only got a little bit cold when the wind blew, otherwise it was almost like Spring!! I taught them American games, like Down by the Banks of the Hankypanks :)

Michel took Mamadou to the vet, they said shes hurting because of a disease, not because of a cat fight. I disagree, there is no way she could get that hurt overnight from a disease she has suposedly had for a while now. Were giving her anti-inflamatory stuff right now, and if that doesnt make her better...I dont know.

Today, Laura went to Turin, Italy. Just for the day! She went with her Philosophy class. Laurie and Anne-Sophie went also, but left last night and they are staying until Saturday, and they went to Venice. I think its cool how you can just hop on over to another country for the day :)

We found out today that the niece of Claire and Michel, and her fiancé will get married on the 10th of July, the same day Laura and I leave Lyon...so that should be interesting.

I just got back from dance class where we worked on Thriller by Michael Jackson (French people say Triller :) ) and were starting to create the costumes for our dances, so I need to find so things for that soon.

Our presentation for TPE got pushed back to the 30th, so we have an extra week, which is good because we havent divided up the topic yet and Im going to need some time to create what is supposed to be a 5 minute speach. Though if I talk really slow, which shouldnt be a problem, I probably wont have to say much at all! :)

After this week, we have three more weeks until the next vacation!!! Time flies here :)
Fyi, it was supposedly 19 degrees celsius here today (67 degrees fahrenheit!!!)

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I haven't thought about that game in forever. I can still remember all the words, though! I also think it's very cool how you can just jump over to another country for a day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today Ingrid taught me the french version :)
    We will go country hopping in Europe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What IS "Down by the banks....."?? Inquiring moms want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a game little kids play...look it up on youtube... http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=down+by+the+banks+of+the+hankypanks&search_type=&aq=f :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's basically a slapping game for kids where you sit in a circle and slap around to the rhythm of the beat, and the last person to get slapped has to move out of the circle. Last person to stay in wins! Without looking it up, since I can remember from when we played it in Campfire, it goes something like:

    "Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky,
    Where the bullfrog jumps from bank to banky,
    With an 'eeps' 'ips', 'oops', 'ops', bull frog gets you with a big ker-plops!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. ERIN!!!!!!!!!!! I just got your postcard in the mail! I started screaming and jumping up and down at the mailbox. I'm sure all my neighbors officially think I am a freak.... :)

    Anyways, thanks SOOO much, I'm about to tape it on my wall right now!!!! :)

    -Brea

    ReplyDelete